Frequently asked questions
You can find comprehensive information about this topic on www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-unternehmen.de (in German), which has all the necessary contact forms and hotline information.
The Federal Ministry of Finance is not permitted to provide legal information concerning individual cases, nor may it give legal or tax advice. Your tax office or the competent highest Land revenue authority is responsible for assessing individual tax cases and for answering questions relating to your personal tax situation. You can find the contact details of the Land finance ministries and tax offices here (in German).
You can find information and forms for the ELSTER tax portal here (in German).
If your question relates to the customs administration, please contact your local main customs office or the Central Customs Authority. You can find their contact details here.
You can also find answers to frequently asked questions on various topics here.
You may also find the following information useful:
- You can find up-to-date information on the war in Ukraine here.
- Police warning: Increasingly, there are reports of fraudsters trying to request fees in return for a fake service (for example, a supposed inheritance) using the name of the Federal Ministry of Finance. You can find further information online by searching for “advance-fee scam”. Please pay close attention to the following information if you appear to have received a communication from the Federal Ministry of Finance:
- We will always address you directly by name.
- Check the ministry address and logo.
- If you are unsure, please contact us or your local police station.
- You can find current warnings and news for consumers regarding banks, financial services providers and insurance companies on this webpage provided by the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin).
- The Federal Ministry of Defence is responsible for issues relating to the German armed forces.
- You can find up-to-date information about Covid-19, including guidance about vaccinations, quarantine rules and tests, on the Federal Ministry of Health website.
- You can find information about relief to help private households cope with rising energy prices here (in German).
You can find more information in our newsletter (in German only).
Contact us directly
Feel free to use our contact form to contact us directly. Like you, we appreciate communication that is friendly and respectful. We do not process enquiries that contain insults, vulgar words or expressions of hate.
Due to the high volume of communications we receive, it can take up to four weeks for us to process your enquiry.
Federal Ministry of Finance
10117 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)3018 / 682 – 0
Fax: +49 (0)3018 / 682 - 32 60
Federal Ministry of Finance
Am Propsthof 78a
53121 Bonn, Germany
53003 Bonn, Germany
Tel.: 03018 / 682 - 0
Fax: 03018 / 682 - 44 20