Ministry The Detlev Rohwedder building during the Second World War
The Detlev Rohwedder Building, built in 1935-36 on Berlin’s Wilhelmstrasse, originally served as headquarters for the Reich Aviation Ministry. During the Second World War, it stood in the middle of the area that made up the Nazi regime’s propaganda centre. The building was designed with the Nazis’ war planning in mind. The air-raid shelter and the anti-aircraft batteries no longer exist, but the memories of the terrible world war that the Nazis instigated will be with us forever.